- This event has passed.
Experience Haiti in London
October 17, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Haiti is a huge history in London, from the struggles to the freedom. Now Haiti also pronounced Ayiti is one of the most beautiful destinations to visit. With it’s rich culture, heritage, food, music and more it is a remarkable Black Republic that made history.
The evening will include :
- Haitian inspired cuisine by Chef Daniel of the Grill Shack and Tiki Bar in Bournemouth,
- Haitian music by celebrated Haitian DJ Sassia
- Traditional Haitian “Congo” dance by Mara Registre
- Traditional music by Haitian folk artitist Germa Adan
- A few words by Ian Thomson, author of “Bonjour Blanc” – a book about Haiti. Ian proposed to his wife in Haiti and returned in 2014 to write a wonderful article for the Telegraph newspaper.
- A few words by the founder of Kafe 1788/Ayitian Coffee – Richard Macien who has opened a London cafe selling Haitian coffee
- A quiz on Haiti to help you learn and win some fabulous Haitian art and coffee
- Haitian art on display and for sale
- Barbancourt – celebrated Haitian rum for sale
(Please note that in the event that one of the above people if unable to attend, we will try our best to offer an alternative)
Your TICKET includes a two course set menu meal, a welcome Barbancourt and the above (subject to change)
Limited places and prices go up closer to the date so do book today.