- This event has passed.
Engineering the Future of the Middle East: Innovations and Opportunities
June 6 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
About the Event:
Welcome to the “Engineering the Future of the Middle East: Innovations and Opportunities” seminar. This event promises to be a landmark occasion that brings together leading innovators, industry professionals, policymakers, and academics to discuss the expanding role of engineering in shaping the future of the Middle East. As the region undergoes rapid transformations, its future will be defined by groundbreaking engineering solutions and new opportunities. The focus will be on how cutting-edge technology, innovative practices, and sustainable development can meet the unique challenges and opportunities of the Middle East, thereby driving its progress into the next era.
Date / Location/ fees
Date: Tuesday- 6 -June- 2023
Venue: King’s College London- Nash Lecture Theatre – room number K2.31
1- Samer Muhandes
is a highly skilled and experienced chartered Civil Engineer and accredited Project Manager with a proven track record of success. With over 10 years of experience in Infrastructure design, Samer has excelled in project and technical management roles. He has led and managed extensive feasibility studies of highway, railway and airport infrastructure implementation, covering all aspects from detailed design to cost estimation, cost-benefit analysis and hydraulic modelling for sustainable and traditional drainage systems. Recently, Samer submitted a PhD in Sustainable Drainage Systems at Imperial College London, showcasing his expertise and passion for this field.
2- Jabir Alshehabi Al-Ani
A distinguished lecturer at York St John University’s Data Science Department and a Visiting Researcher at Lancaster University. With a PhD in computer science from the University of Essex, UK, he has over 10 years of experience in Machine Learning, AI, NLP, Data Retrieval, and Information Extraction in academic and research environments and industry. He has published extensively in AI, Machine Learning, NLP, and AI in interdisciplinary subjects and has served as a guest editor for MDPI and IEEE conferences. With a strong focus on supporting start-up businesses, Jabir has been involved in several projects, including an international project studying the labour market in the UK and Canada with international universities.
Who Should Attend:
This seminar is designed for a wide range of attendees, including but not limited to:
- Industry professionals and engineers are interested in the latest trends and innovations in the field and how these can be applied in the context of the Middle East.
- Policymakers and governmental officials are keen on understanding how engineering advancements can contribute to social, economic, and infrastructural development.
- Academics and researchers in engineering and related disciplines are eager to discuss their findings and learn from other experts.
- Entrepreneurs and business leaders seeking insights into new opportunities in the Middle Eastern markets and the chance to network with potential partners.
- Students and young professionals in engineering and related fields who want to broaden their knowledge, gain inspiration, and connect with potential mentors and employers.
7 pm to 8 pm BST
- Latest Engineering Innovations in the Middle East.
- Unique Opportunities and Challenges for Advanced Engineering Solutions in the Middle East.
- Sustainable Engineering Practices and their Role in Fostering Economic Growth and Societal Well-being in the Middle East.
- Specific Engineering Innovations in Various Sectors (Construction, Transport, Energy, Healthcare, etc.) in the Middle East.
- Future of Engineering Innovations in the Middle East and Their Impact on Society.
8:15 PM – 8:30 PM BST
Questions: Participants can ask questions to the speakers.
8:30 PM – 9:00 PM Networking
Participants can network with fellow attendees and speakers.
About the Organisers
The organisers of this event are highly reputable institutions that bring together their expertise to deliver an exceptional experience for all attendees.
- London Premier Centre:
The leading provider of short courses in the UK. Our extensive selection of over 400 courses and seminars covers various industries, including Administration, Leadership, HR, Finance, Project Management, Engineering, and more. Our expert trainers offer inspiring professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
King’s College London
An internationally renowned university delivering exceptional education and world-leading research. We are dedicated to driving positive and sustainable societal change and realising our vision of improving the world.
KCL Arab Society
The King’s College London Arabic Society is a cultural university society aimed at bringing together Arab and non-Arab students and giving an insight into Arab culture, traditions, and history. This society aims to present a platform for speakers from or interested in the Arab world with topics of discussion covering politics, history, the arts, and culture.
– Certificate of Attendance
We are pleased to inform our participants that we are offering a Certificate of Attendance, which will be provided in a PDF format and sent via email. This certificate will be a valuable souvenir, a tangible reminder of the practical knowledge exchange and networking opportunities you participated in at our seminar.
– Exclusive content:
Attendees will have access to never-before-seen content curated specifically for this event.
– Exclusive discount on LPC Training Courses
Participants of this event can get a 10% discount on one of the training courses offered by the London Premier Centre during “June and July”. LPC provides a range of high-quality courses to help individuals advance their careers.
How to register
Register now to secure your spot at this exciting seminar:
- Click here to register
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone or WhatsApp: +44 20 8090 0464.