- This event has passed.
Armenians in Film at Curzon Bloomsbury
October 29 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
AGBU Arts‘ Armenians in Film: 6 Short Films by Armenian Filmmakers has been showcasing works by award-winning Armenian filmmakers at the Film Society of Lincoln Center in New York City, the most distinguished film venue in the US, since 2015, as well touring the series to audiences in California, Sao Paulo, Brazil, and London.
In its eighth year, AGBU Arts is collaborating with the AGBU London Chapter to bring the series back to the UK.
These talented artists are graduates of prestigious film schools, such as NYU Tisch School of the Arts, Columbia University and UCLA, and have screened their films at legendary festivals such as the Cannes Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, Sunset Film Festival, and more. The screening follows a Q&A session with the filmmakers, moderated by a renowned film industry professional.
- Welcome drinks: 6:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Film Screening: 7.00 pm-8:30 pm
- Q & A session with the filmmakers 8:30-9 pm onwards
List of movies:
- Sunset by Kristine Khanamiryan
- The Mud by Vahan Grigoryan
- Dehatsi – I was Another Place by Tatiana Boudakian
- Crossing the Blue by Victoria Aleksanyan
- The Road – A dreamlike jazz piece on isolation and connection by Charlotte Montgomery featuring the Zela Margossian Quintet
- Stones by Arman Ayvazyan