- This event has passed.
University of West London Diabetes Forum Conference 2023 ONLINE
November 21 @ 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Diabetes is a major public health menace across the globe, and it is associated with physical, emotional, and socio-economic consequences. On behalf of the organizing committee, it is our great pleasure to invite you to our second biennial UWL Diabetes Conference taking place in a virtual format on Tuesday 21 November 2023. The conference will present an opportunity to connect with colleagues from the healthcare sector, academia, and other interested stakeholders.
The main theme of the conference is “Managing diabetes in a diverse setting”. Among the topics to be covered are the role of nutrition in managing people with type 2 diabetes, Equality, diversity, and inclusion in diabetes care, managing diabetes in the intensive psychiatric unit, Practical experience, and tips for managing diabetes, managing diabetes in people with learning disabilities, and Managing diabetes in a prison environment.
Virtual Conference 2023
List of speakers
• Professor Anthony Woodman, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost for Health, University of West London.
• Professor Omorogieva Ojo, Professor in Nutrition and Diabetes, University of Greenwich, London
• Morada Andrew, Physical Health Nurse & Venipuncture assessor, Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
• Laura Nice, Practice Educator, Royal Berkshire Foundation Trust, Reading
• Dorothy Kupara, Senior Lecturer in learning disability nursing, University of West London
• Lyndon Wissart, Professional Chef & Author of the Inspired diabetic book
• Professor Muili Lawal, Professor of diabetes care & Chair UWL Diabetes Forum