- This event has passed.
October 15 @ 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
A labyrinth of 17 interconnected artist worlds, questioning the role of The Human As Part of Ecology. An immersive exhibition designed with social distancing. Curated by Gabriella Sonabend.
Sol Bailey-barker, Rebecca Bellantoni, Alice Bucknell, Alice Cazenave, Tom Chisholm, Helena Doyle, Finchittida Finch, Hannah Fletcher, Tom Lines, Amanda Lwin, Cristiano Di Martino, Charlotte Osborne, Andrea Phillips, Catriona Robertson, Wr Saunders, Sara Trillo, Triptych, Food Of War (Omar Castañeda & Hernan Barros), Jack Warne, Emma Jane Whitton, Wumzum
Terra Nexus is an immersive experience featuring 25 artists produced by Proposition Studios. It invites the audience into a multi-sensory labyrinthine of interconnected worlds to unravel a story which weaves together diverse insights into our relationship with the biosphere.
Starting with the fundamental idea that we need to shift away from a narrative of human dominion and independence in order to protect the biosphere, installations explore: the necessity of living soil; the perpetual migration of species; the cascading threat of impending extinctions; ways to reconnect with nature; conflict arising from depleted resources; the future of cities and how humans will live within them. From the perspectives of insects and animals, through the eyes of scientists, artificial intelligence, plant life, ancient cultures and conflicting contemporary viewpoints; Terra Nexus is a wormhole of ideas.
Warping sensory experiences, excavating, weaving between co-existing timelines and suggesting alternative histories; this is the first of a series of immersive projects by Proposition Studios asking the viewer to raise their own questions about THE HUMAN AS PART OF ECOLOGY and what that means today and for future generations.
In preparation for this project the exhibiting artists took part in an intensive research residency, visiting sites where human intervention has dramatically increased biodiversity while providing for human needs: Martin Crawford’s Forest Garden in Devon, Knepp Rewilding in Sussex and Prof. Wolfe’s Wakelyns Agroforestry in Suffolk while also meeting the renowned science writer and trailblazing food campaigner Colin Tudge in Oxford.
These world experts who are working to regenerate landscapes and address global food problems have inspired artworks that respond to their cutting edge science, ecological agriculture, environmental activism and deeply researched and practical ideas.
- October 15
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Arts, Digital Arts, Earth Sciences, Environment, Events in London, Exhibitions, Family Activities, Science, Sculpture, Technology, Visual Arts
- Event Tags:
- 3D Art, Art Exhibiton, Art Installation, Arts Council England, Environment, Proposition Studios, social distanced events, socially-distanced, Terra Nexus
- Not Available
- Wheelchair Accessible
Oct 21October 21 @ 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm5 Parkway, Camden Town
London, Camden NW1 7PG United Kingdom
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)