Illustration Workshop in London by Royal Society of Sculptors
Whether you are new to illustration or have been experimenting with visual language for a while, this workshop will help you to create imaginative, unique images that tell a story. In this 90 minute session, you will invent characters and create drama to produce a set of finished illustrations to take away with you. Throughout the lesson, you will have the opportunity to view work by historical and contemporary illustrators in a variety of styles. You will also have the chance to experiment with different combinations of materials to produce original artwork.
You will learn to use a range of materials, including pens, pencils, collage and ink, and learn techniques for creating both stand-alone images and a sequence of frames used in comic books and graphic novels.
Workshop attendees will be challenged to use their imagination, take risks and work both independently and collaboratively. You will be taught and guided by illustrator and art educator Lena Abbas.
By the end of this workshop, you will have:
– Challenge and deepen your understanding of what Illustration is and how it can be used.
– Learned techniques for coming up with new ideas quickly and recording them confidently.
– Improved your fundamental drawing skills.
– Learned how to source inspiration from artists and your surroundings.
– Developed your own style.
– Learned to use illustration to communicate a narrative.
– Produced a stand-alone narrative illustration.
– Produced a 3-frame narrative illustration.
– Made some mistakes and had some fun