- This event has passed.
Kensington + Chelsea Art Week 2020
October 1 - October 11
Kensington + Chelsea Art Week (KCAW) is delighted to announce that the third edition of the festival will be taking place 1-11 October 2020. Eleven days of public art festivities have been developed with community consultation, with a diverse programme of events, talks, highlights, installations and exhibits taking place throughout the Royal Borough.
KCAW will present over a hundred participants, including both emerging and world-class institutions and cultural practitioners, to celebrate the artistic richness of the Borough. This year’s dynamic calendar of events will be the most extensive edition of KCAW to date. The programme includes murals and public artworks acknowledging the COVID-19 pandemic and paying tribute to the NHS.
Participants include the Design Museum, The Great Exhibition Road Festival (GERF) collaboration with arts and science, The Chelsea Theatre, Kensington Town Hall, Royal Society of Sculptors, The Coronet Theatre, Pavilion Hive in Notting Hill, the Chelsea Arts Club, White City Place, and the Goldfinger Factory, with many more to be announced.
KCAW brings fresh dynamism to the area through its vibrant public art trails that also include self-guided tours designed to reveal hidden gems within food, music theatre and history, as well as exhibitions by hundreds of local galleries, connecting eight culture zones in the Borough. It will be an opportunity to enjoy the area in greater depth and allow the public to discover and be guided through the extraordinary cultural cross-section of the historic area. The festival also coincides with National Poetry Day and there will be a chance to enjoy performances and readings as part of the programming.
With the cancellation of this year’s Frieze Art Fair, KCAW will offer the capital a rich and diverse programme of cultural highlights for October. There has never been a more crucial time to support the vibrant art and culture of the capital and the festival has put social distancing measures in place to ensure public health and welfare and comply with government guidelines. These optimum safety measures will ensure a welcome opportunity for the public to support London’s artistic ventures.
- October 1
- October 11
- Event Categories:
- Arts, Conversation, Digital Arts, Exhibitions, Festivals, Free Events, Performing Arts, Photography, Sculpture, Social Media, Society, Visual Arts
- Event Tags:
- Chelsea, Frieze Art Fair, Kensington, social distanced events
Oct 26October 26 @ 8:00 am - November 1 @ 5:00 pmExhibition Road, South Kensington
London, SW7 2AZ
Oct 26October 26 @ 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm350 Brockley Road
London, SE4 2BY
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)