Imperial Lates: Space
December 7 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Head to Imperial College London for a festive, after-hours evening exploring the wonders of the cosmos.
Join space scientists for a series of fascinating talks, live demonstrations, and artistic workshops at Imperial Lates: Space – an out-of-this-world evening of discovery, brimming with Martian merriment and celestial revelry!
- Join our expert panel hosted by Britain’s first astronaut Helen Sharman on how humans might live and work on the Moon
- Watch an award-winning improvised comedy group perform shows inspired by space science
- Send a festive song across our model solar system with researchers developing microwave lasers for interplanetary communications
- Get creative at our workshop where you can intergalactic ornaments for your Christmas tree
- Step onto Mars inside our unique display where you’ll discover new science from the Curiosity Rover
Imperial Lates are a relaxed, social way for the public to get up close and personal with fascinating research happening across Imperial College London. With a bar offering light refreshments (…we’ve heard rumors of mince pies) and a DJ is not afraid to play the odd Christmas classic, this free event is one not to be missed!
Imperial Lates are most suitable for those over 18s. Pre-registration is highly encouraged to help to manage numbers and ensure an enjoyable visit for everyone.