To celebrate the long-awaited resumption of LIVE events, The British Sake Association is very excited to be hosting a Grand Tasting of Sake! At least 80 different sakes will be available for Tasting (free pour) – don’t miss this chance to sample a vast range of varying sake that are impossible to try outside of Japan! In addition to the sake tasting opportunities, we have some great exhibitors sharing their expertise:
• Satomi Dosseur from Enshu Sake will be hosting an “Introduction to Umami” session during the Tasting – come and learn what the elusive “fifth taste” actually is, where to find it and experience a taste of umami with Satomi’s expert guidance. Places are limited and on a first-come, first-serve signup basis on the night.
• Leona De Pasquale and tea expert Dr Chau-Jean Lin will host a ‘Wine and Tea Wonderland’ at their table for guests to explore the flavours of wine and Taiwanese Oolong tea.
• Renowned Japanese potter Imahiko Kawamura will be exhibiting her beautiful sake pottery wares (Choko, guinomi and tokkuri), which will be available for purchase on the night
• John from Meat Me At Home will be sharing some of their unique Wagyu beef products for guests to sample!
Our sponsors are generously donating great prizes for the raffle draw on the night – we won’t reveal all the surprises, but here is a sneak peek of some of the great items up for grabs:
– £100 voucher for Wagyu beef from Meat Me At Home
– £50 voucher from VSF towards sake, wine, spirits or classes
– goodies from the Wasabi company, including wasabi vodka
– 1.8 litre (!!) bottle of shochu from The Larder at 36
– two 30% off vouchers for the Kikisake-shi sake credential course from Enshu Sake
– a bottle of KIBA, Kanpai Brewery’s latest exclusive seasonal special release, junmai sake (less than 100 bottles made!)
– Taiwanese Four Seasons Oolong Tea from Marulin
– ceramic sake wares made by renowned Japanese potter Imahiko Kawamura
– surprise bottles of sake and wine
– and much more!
Tickets are £48 for the general public and £38 for BSA members (anyone is welcome to become a member, visit our website to learn more: (https://britishsakeassociation.org/bsa-membership/). Ticket price includes one free ticket for this fantastic prize draw and a small bowl of gourmet food prepared by Chef Issa at Putney Pantry – Issa formerly worked at The Fat Duck and was sous chef for Anthony Worral Thompson, so the food is sure to be a treat! Additional bowls will be available for purchase on the night, along with desserts and non-sake alcoholic beverages.
Places are limited — email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your ticket today!