Beginners improv comedy
October 16 @ 7:00 pm – December 4 @ 9:30 pm
Welcome to improvised comedy! Everyone is welcome in our beginners’ course; whether you’ve never acted or done comedy before, that’s all good; we’re starting at the basics.
In this course, we show you how surprisingly easy it is to say the obvious thing, lean into our mistakes, support each other and then funny scenes happen! At Playface, we focus on joy and comedy through play and a super supportive atmosphere – we will have so much fun.
Our course takes you through the basics of improv, playing characters and creating something magical together. Whilst showing you a taster of the different forms that improv comedy can take: short form, long form, narrative and more (what does this mean? You’ll find out). We provide you with enough experience and information to decide where to take your improv or comedy journey after the course.
Think of this as your foundation course in improvised comedy.
This course is great if you want to:
- Connect with others, improve your listening and build something together
- Be more comfortable making mistakes and getting joy from them
- Have fun pretending to be plumbers, wizards and cats with other adults
- Become more confident in performing and presenting
- Try a few different forms of improv to see which you prefer doing
- Feel more comfortable improvising in other forms of comedy or theatre
The class takes place every Monday evening from 7 pm – 9.30 pm across eight weeks. This totals 20 teaching hours.
- Monday 16th October 2023 07:00 PM – 09:30 PM
- Monday 23rd October 2023 07:00 PM – 09:30 PM
- Monday 30th October 2023 07:00 PM – 09:30 PM
- Monday 6th November 2023 07:00 PM – 09:30 PM
- Monday 13th November 2023 07:00 PM – 09:30 PM
- Monday 20th November 2023 07:00 PM – 09:30 PM
- Monday 27th November 2023 07:00 PM – 09:30 PM
- Monday 4th December 2023 07:00 PM – 09:30 PM
Class size: 10-16 students.