- This event has passed.
Adults evening art class with CREATE
June 14 @ 8:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Create Art London invites you to join our adults’ evening art class.
Classes will be offered every second Wednesday of the month, with a different array of art on offer, all designed for those that have no experience or feel they don’t have a “creative bone in their body” to those more advanced.
Sessions will occur with Artist Carla Smith In Mortlake, SW London, between Richmond and leafy Barnes.
Carla is an experienced art teacher specialising in acrylic but enjoys all forms of art from drawing, charcoal and chalk work to watercolour/ oil painting to collage, clay, resin work to calligraphy and graffiti.
Carla is confident she can help you find your creative flair.
Sessions will take place in the lovely and conveniently located Mortlake Hall, so expect a fun, relaxed and informal evening; enjoy good conversation over a glass of wine (or whatever your favourite tipple) with like-minded people and a chance to get creative and leave the day’s stresses behind.
The year ahead.
- January – Still life (understanding perspective points, depth and light and shade)
- February **Class rescheduled for later in the year** ( looking at Andy Warhol, comics and typography to inspire our piece)
- March – An introduction to Portraits (understanding proportions and the maths behind the measurements )
- April – Cubism (dive into the world of simple geometric shapes)
- May – Surrealism (inspired by Dali bringing our subconscious to the forefront and making the illogical logical.)
- June – Graffiti ( inspired by Banksy and Dan Kitchener, amongst others, template making and spray paint onto a large canvas, a legal version of street art)
- July – Pointillism (Georges Seurat/ Mandalas, painting in dots understanding the maths and methods to Mandalas)
- August – Perspective (sketching with perspective points, using charcoal, chalk, pencils and pastels to draw with a single and two-point perspective creating depth and distance to a picture)
- September – Paint Pouring (acrylic paint pouring on canvas, messy and super fun)
- October – Expressionism (Edvard Munch inspired, understanding the connection of colour to emotions and how to add it to a painting)
- November – Pop art (February class rescheduled)
- December – Impressionism of a Winter wonderland (get all festive and have fun with us ..and escape the chaos of Christmas, Christmas music a must, dodgy jumpers optional)
So pour yourself a drink and pull up a chair!
*All materials, drinks and nibbles are included in the ticket price.
*Red and white wine is available along with a selection of soft drinks; however, you are more than welcome to bring your own if there’s something in particular you enjoy.