To the Edge of the World and back to their Roots
September 25, 2020 @ 10:30 am - January 3, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
To the Edge of the World and back to their Roots is the story of a creative journey conceived in London and developed around the globe. A fashion and art exhibition by a young creative couple – Andrea Vytlačilová, fashion designer, and visual artist Josef Zlamal – tackling the quest for identity through a creative voyage.
After Creating a winning outfit for Grayson Perry in June 2018, Andrea Vytlačilová left London to explore the fashion industry working for Acne Studios, Marc Jacobs and Kenzo fashion houses. Josef Zlamal joined her on the voyage and the duo began creating a body of work as visual mementos of the time spent abroad and of the experiences they were exposed to whilst living and working in Sweden, the USA and France, their relocation back to London and their reconnection with their Czech and European identities.
Admission to the exhibition is free, but entry must be booked in advance: https://bit.ly/ToTheEdge_EventbriteSlots
One ticket is valid for a maximum of 5 people from the same household.
Andrea Vytlačilová (*1996)
Andrea Vytlačilová is a young fashion designer and Central Saint Martins student, born in Eastern Bohemia, whose work moves between fashion, textiles, illustration and photography. She has worked for fashion houses including Acne Studios, Marc Jacobs and Kenzo. Recently, she was selected as one of Forbes Czechia’s 30 under30. Andrea is currently in her final year of studies, working on her fashion collection and a multidisciplinary project called ‘My Bohemian Tale‘ rediscovering Czech cultural heritage and resurrecting the disappearing textile industry and traditional crafts.
Josef Zlamal (*1983)
Josef Zlamal, born in Šternberk, is among the most promising of contemporary Czech artists. His work has been exhibited in the company of both contemporary and classic masters (e.g. Otto Dix, Lucas Cranach, Daniel Richter and Marc Quinn), in private institutions and leading public museums (e.g. the Power Station of Art, Shanghai and the Museum der bildenden Künste Leipzig). His paintings, drawings, sculptures and films confront the viewer with a world of uncertainty. He searches for light through darkness, offering new perspectives on history and geopolitical issues connected with human existence.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Update
We follow our guideline principles and measures which are based on the UK government advice and regulations and which are regularly reviewed when government guidelines change. We also take under consideration the advice of the Czech Ministry of Health and the Czech Embassy in London.
Full guideline principles and measures:
- September 25 @ 10:30 am
- January 3, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Arts, Costumes, Design, Events in London, Exhibitions, Free Events, Illustration, Performing Arts
- Event Tags:
- Andrea Vytlačilová, Czech, Czech Embassy, European, Josef Zlamal, social distanced events
- Not Available
- Wheelchair Accessible
Oct 21October 21 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)