- This event has passed.
England Netball creates screening ‘hubs’ to watch Team England netball games this summer
July 30 @ 12:00 pm – August 16 @ 11:00 pm
Netball fans across the UK can watch all of Team England’s Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games matches at free screenings, as England Netball teams up with a series of venues to inspire and excite sports fans this summer.
England Netball, South London’s iconic Pop Brixton and popular pub chain, The Botanist in Birmingham, Alderley Edge and West Bridgford in Nottingham, are working together to create a series of designated ‘screening hubs’ where fans can come together, watch the sold-out games and enjoy the tournament as it unfolds.
More than 319,000 people play netball at least twice a month in the UK making it one of the most widely played participation sports in the country. The sport’s popularity has risen since the last Commonwealth Games when Team England – having reached their first major final – stunned favourites Australia to claim gold with a last-gasp goal from Helen Housby. The final was watched by a whopping 1.8m people either live or via the re-run later that day on the BBC.
Team England’s Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth netball games schedule kicks off on Friday 29 July with England versus Trinidad and Tobago. The full schedule is:
- Friday 29 July 12pm to 3.30pm – England vs. Trinidad and Tobago
- Monday 1 August 6pm to 9.30pm – England vs. Northern Ireland
- Tuesday 2 August 6pm to 9.30pm – England vs. Uganda
- Thursday 4 August 7pm to 10.30pm – England vs. New Zealand
- Saturday 6 August 9am to 11am – Semi Final 1
- Saturday 6 August 2.30pm to 4.30pm – Semi Final 2
- Sunday 7 August 1.30pm to 3.30pm – Bronze Medal Match
- Sunday 7 August 8.30pm to 10.30pm – Final
To find out more information about the netball schedule at Pop Brixton and The Botanist, please visit please visit England Netball’s Facebook, Twitter & Instagram pages. Booking is advised. England Netball members also get 10% of all food & drink at participating The Botanist venues.